Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SweetBuds Bakery

Sweet Buds Bakery: Food Truck servicing DC/MD/VA
Flavors: Black Forest Cake, Lemon, Raspberry Red Velvet, Spine Apple Chill
Cost: $3.00*
Score:3.8

Sweet Buds Bakery is full-service food truck and bakery serving DC, Maryland and Virginia. I first heard about them through my sister who happened upon them in Arlington, VA. She told me that the owners were really sweet people who always had her order ready and that I had to try these cupcakes! My sister is a tough sell so if she liked them, they had to be good.




Through their Facebook page, I discovered that Sweet Buds Bakery would be a vendor at the Olde Town Bowie Fall Festival; I had to jump on it. After a sizable hike through Olde Town Bowie, I found their colorful truck and a sizable line. I was immediately greeted by daughter Bianka and her mother, Pamela. Their menu was extensive with over 10 flavors on hand and priced well at $3.00 per cupcake. 



When I asked which flavors I should try Pamela said, "Honey, all my flavors are good!" You can't beat that! After a lengthy discussion with Bianka and her mom, I was given a tidy bag of cupcakes in a cup with the following flavors: black forest cake, lemon, raspberry red velvet, and spine-apple chill. She also gave me her fantastic monkey bread with rum-soaked raisins and nuts. (Side-Note: That monkey bread was amazing!! Like, I may have to start cyber-stalking their location to get more amazing! Really...)


Lemon, Red velvet and Spine-apple chill
My first treat was the black forest cake. The cake was lined with chocolate syrup to enhance the flavor and keep it moist. The flavor was rich and had me wanting more. Next up was the lemon which was pretty good. It was a typical lemon flavor but the cake was smooth and the Bavarian creme topping rounded it out. 
Wedding Cupcake Tower
Photo by Sweet Buds Bakery
The raspberry red velvet was really inventive. It was a red velvet cake, rimmed with raspberry jam and topped with Bavarian creme. The raspberry jam offset the chocolate in the red velvet creating a great flavor sensation. My final cake was the spine-apple chill which would remind me of an apple cupcake- perfect for Fall. I enjoyed the apple fruit compote mixed with the spiced apple cake although it was a tad sweet but still good.

Currently you can find the Sweet Buds Bakery truck at Fells Point in Baltimore, Arlington, VA and certain stops in D.C. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I may like this website.
He was entirely right. This put up truly made
my day. You can not consider just how a lot time I had spent for this info!
Thanks!


Library Movers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...