Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Georgetown Cupcake: The Easter Egg Dozen


Photo Courtesy of Georgetown Cupcake
Location:Georgetown Cupcake (3301 M Street in Georgetown)
Flavors: Valrhona Chocolate and Caramel
Cost: $29 per dozen
Score: 5


Easter is my favorite time of year! Everything from the elaborate family dinners to the pastel dresses and wide-brimmed church lady hats, Easter is the season to shine! 

Georgetown Cupcake box and bag 

This year I would be blessed with a special treat: The Easter Egg Dozen from Georgetown Cupcake. This box was filled with two flavors of cupcakes: Valrhona chocolate with a fudge center and caramel cupcakes with a caramel center. Each cupcake was adorned with rich buttercream frosting in assorted pastel colors and topped with a fresh Easter egg shaped fondant.

Georgetown Cupcake Bag
The Easter Egg Dozen from Georgetown Cupcake was delivered by Jessica who was more than kind to trek out to suburban Maryland. She not only delivered the box but personally checked each box and made sure that the cupcakes were not damaged in the process of transporting them. 

Beautiful Georgetown Cupcake Packaging 
Perfectly coiffed and puffed in Georgetown Cupcake regalia, I almost didn’t want to open up the packaging because it was so beautiful. But I did and in doing so I got the same feeling that I did as a child tearing into my Easter egg baskets eager to see what treats my little heart would receive. Much like the cornucopia of Zeus and the prosperity of Easter, these cupcakes were overflowing with goodness.

The Easter Egg Dozen
They were all so beautiful that I didn't know which one to eat first. My sister and I agreed that I should try a purple cupcake first which happened to be a caramel cupcake with caramel filling. The cupcake was ridiculously fresh and oozed the perfect amount of caramel center. As the yummy caramel slid down my tongue, washed in buttercream, I stopped and did a happy dance. 

Can you see the fudge-y center...yum!
Traditionally I'm not  a fan of chocolate but the Valrhona chocolate cupcake became my favorite in the box! The cupcake was the perfect amount of chocolate balanced with the sweetness of buttercream. The ooze of the lava fudge center made the overall experience that much sweeter.


As I nom-med on my fresh pink fondant egg, surely coming down from a sugar high, I reluctantly shared one of my cupcakes with my mother who- incidentally- doesn't care for cupcakes. The cupcake church had spoken and there was a new convert in the congregation. She couldn't get enough of these cupcakes and spent the majority of Easter weekend talking specifically about Georgetown Cupcakes. She swore they were made with crack but let's hope not...Georgetown is too far. 

Georgetown Cupcake on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...