Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pretty Girl Cupcakery

Location: 5606 Baltimore Avenue Hyattsville, MD
Flavors: Strawberry Champagne, Coconut, Sweet Potato and Peach Cobbler
Cost: $2.95 each or 4 for $12.00
Score: 4.5


Clockwise: Strawberry Champagne, Coconut, Peach Cobbler, and
Sweet Potato Pie

Within walking distance of Busboys and Poetsquietly nestled amidst Hyattsville's renewal is Pretty Girl CupcakeryDriving there would be ideal with the closest metro station being the College Park stop on the green/yellow line. Street parking consists primarily of a few residential spaces tucked away or the lot behind Busboys and Poets a few blocks down. 

Walking into the extra crisp and super clean shop I was surrounded by soft pink walls, vanilla four-top tables, and comfy khaki chairs; perfect for Sunday reading. Every corner had a Christmas tree draped in lights and cupcake ornaments. 

Celebrating the season with cupcake ornaments!

Cupcake Display Case 

The store carried seven daily flavors consisting of: White Macadamia Chocolate, Strawberry Cheesecake, Banana Pudding, Strawberry Champagne, Coconut, Sweet Potato and Peach Cobbler. Ultimately I chose four flavors: Strawberry Champagne, Coconut, Sweet Potato and Peach Cobbler*. Each cupcake cost $2.95 with a package of four cupcakes retailing for $12.00. The young lady behind the counter greeted me immediately while donning her Pretty Girl Cupcakery T-shirt. She  took my order eagerly and rang me up using Square which allowed for an emailed me my receipt- sweet!



"A Cupcake is a Smile's Best Friend"
Written on the bottom of my cupcake cup!
My first cupcake was the peach cobbler cupcake which amazed me! Filled with chunks of fresh peaches, I enjoyed the little bits of pie crust infused into the cake. The flavor wasn't overwhelming and still managed to taste like a cupcake. It was refreshing. Next up was the sweet potato cupcake which was  a classically made cupcake. It had the perfect amount of spice and the texture was moist but didn't lose structure. 

Football Cakepops!
 My next sampling was their coconut cupcake. Traditionally coconut is my favorite and although this one was amazing, I wanted it to have a bit more punch. Finally I ate the strawberry champagne cupcake which is a 5+ within itself. The smell, taste, and texture all merged perfectly with light champagne bubbles dancing on my tongue. The frosting was incredible and left my taste buds smiling. This cupcake alone makes me want to run back to them...again and again. 

*The Cupcakes in this review were gifted however it did not sway the opinion of the reviewer



ADVERTISEMENTS


2 comments:

Atiyah said...

I have enjoyed their cupcakes also and plan to get some for the holidays.

Aleysha Proctor said...

Great post! I've only had their red velvet cupcake, I enjoyed it, and plan on stopping in for some of their other flavors when I'm on that side of town.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...