Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gevalia Coffee and Teas


Flavors: Chai Latte, Ceylon Cinnamon Orange, Honey Ginseng Mint
Retail: $5.95 per box

Spiced Chai Tea Bags
In October, Gevalia coffee and teas contacted me to do a review on their products. Gevalia has always been known for their quality products so I was thrilled. Being a major fan of tea, I opted to try three of their nineteen tea flavors: spiced chai teas, ceylon cinnamon orange and honey ginseng mint. I’ve found a nice cup of tea to be soothing on a Sunday afternoon; and a great accompaniment to my cupcake treats.

Gold Foil bag keeps tea bags fresh
This day I would be having a fresh cup of spiced chai tea. The average box of Gevalia tea retails for about $5.95 which is more than your average box of tea. However Gevalia uses only the highest blend of tea leaves and is known for their quality. After I un-wrapped the box of tea, I pulled out a gold bag filled with high quality cotton tea bags. When opened, the gold bag released fragrant notes of cracked pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Chai tea with cream and sugar
After heating up some water in the microwave, I let the teabag steep for two-and-a-half minutes. I tinkered with the idea of making it an iced chai tea after I added the sugar and fresh cream. When I sipped the sweet tea my initial reaction was that the tea was pure quality; living up to Gevalia’s well-deserved reputation. It was rich and full-bodied with notes of cinnamon and fresh nutmeg.

Three flavors: Honey Ginseng Mint, Ceylon Cinnamon Orange
Spiced Chai teas

The following day I decided to try the ceylon cinnamon orange tea which is also a black tea.  The tea had strong notes of cinnamon and orange rhine making it perfect for the fall season. It’s also perfect for someone who enjoys a husky and warm citrus drink.  Overall they are the perfect accompaniment to your cupcake treats or even an after dinner drink.

Time for tea!
You can purchase your own box of Gevalia teas (or coffee) at your local grocer or on Gevalia’s website at www.Gevalia.com. 


1 comment:

Ariana said...

Great review! I absolutely love tea. I have several boxes of tea in my kitchen cabinet as we speak. I cannot wait to try Gevalia tea.

http://shopaholicundercover.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...