Friday, June 14, 2013

Thank You!

Despite the announcement of a return from my hiatus, after careful thought, I have decided to discontinue The Cupcake Critic blog. 

My decision to discontinue the blog after an amazing and rewarding two years has been a hard one to make and derived after many sleepless nights. Beginning this Fall I will be teaching in Prince George's County Public Schools through Teach for America. Teaching is a passion that I have held for some time and I am excited about this opportunity. However to fully focus on the bright pupils of PGPS, I have to be singular in mind and focus. 

My blog has been a major part of my life and it's difficult to imagine it no longer being here. I have delighted in creating, writing, and managing the blog since its inception; watching it grow. Further to be recognized at the Black Street Awards, along with numerous other opportunities, are things that I could not have imagined when I began this journey. 

More than anything I will miss the love, support, and camaraderie of my fellow Cupcake Lovers. I have thoroughly enjoyed tweeting, reading, liking, and corresponding with each of you. Therefore my decision has come with teary-eyes but I thank you for your passionate and unyielding support.


All my best....*Big Hugs & Back Rubs*

Stephanie, 
The Cupcake Critic


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cupcake critic! Will miss you and your "sweet" blog. All the best to you in your new career. Lucky kids!

Unknown said...

Reading this is bittersweet, because I will really miss your blog! However, being the savvy-what'snext-type of gal that you are, I know you're diving into that next adventure (which, I will fully support:) Thanks for giving us guidance on where to enjoy the best cupcakes! kristysamone.com

KEArion said...

Good luck! We'll miss you!

The Cupcake Critic said...

Thank you Ladies!
I will miss you all more than you could ever imagine! Even today I got misty-eyed while running some TFA errands and thought, "What about my Cupcake Lovers?" I miss my blog already as well and consider this a huge sacrifice but I'm also in love with young minds and must be prepared to spark the mind of the next Cupcake Critic :-)
~Steph

The Cupcake Critic said...

Kristy,
Love you so much! I am always grateful for your support. I hate being busy all the time; seemingly too busy for my pals. But we will connect when I get back and definitely before October :-) *Happy Dance*

Susan G said...

Wishing you the best! I was so thrilled when I discovered your blog and have really enjoyed it!

Susan G said...

Wishing you the best! I was so thrilled when I discovered your blog and have always enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

I'll miss the cupcake critic and I know I'll be seeing you soon. Let me know what's next

Unknown said...

Awww, sad to hear about The CC's retirement, but congrats on doing what you love and teaching our youth! They are in for a treat! *pun intended* :-)

Unknown said...

Awww, sad to hear about The CC's retirement, but congrats on doing what you love and teaching our youth! They are in for a treat! *pun intended* :-)

Lipglass and Handbags said...

I have always said we need more teachers that do iy for the LOVE of teaching and children! So, with that, om thrilled you're going to be a teacher. I'm even more thrilled you'll be teaching in the system my daughter will likely enter one day. Living out your passions and dreams is what life should be about. Go for it!!!!

Have you considered selling your blog or allowing someone else to take it over? Someone as passionate about cupcakes as yourself?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...