Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's been a long time....



Hey Cupcake Lovers! To quote Rakim and Timbaland: "It's been a long time...I shouldn't have left you...without a dope beat to step to" There's been soo much activity here at Critic HQ that I haven't kept everyone updated with my posts. 


My Black Street Awards
First, I'm proud to announce that I am the winner of the Black Street Award for 'Best Blog' and 'Best Website'!!! The awards ceremony was held on Monday September 17th at the Millesime in New York. I am so excited (and exhausted) but still on my award-winning high. Thank you to all of my Cupcake Lovers, family, friends, and everyone who voted for me! Check out this video recap to see snippets of the awards show... 

                                                              BWA Nominee 225 Blue

Speaking of awards, I am happy to announce that I am a nominee for 'Best Food Blog' for The Black Weblog awards! Let's keep the momentum going D.C. and show them what we're working with! Voting starts on September 15th and will end on October 3rd. To vote for the Cupcake Critic for 'Best Food Blog' click here....

Me hugging Nisi Bennett of the Susan G. Komen Walking team,
Forever-A-Pear; coordinator for Cupcake Challenge for a Cure
Prior to the awards show I threw my first 'Cupcake Happy Hourto say "Thank you" to everyone for taking the time to vote for me! By all accounts it was a great success with cupcakes from Sweet Themez bakery, a beauty bar provided by Stacia Jackson of Pink Papaya, and door prizes from Shannon Burgwald of Stella & Dot. Check out this video recap... 



Finally, while in NYC I visited: Baked by Melissa, Crumbs, Dylan's Candy Bar, Make My Cake, and Magnolia Bakery. More reviews to follow with a special new segment being added to the weekly line-up....any guesses on what it might be? 

Wow Cupcake Lovers! We did it!! Much more to come! Thank you so much for reading, liking, subscribing, and following :-)

Stephanie,

The Cupcake Critic 

               Too Faced Cosmetics

5 comments:

BonAppéDee said...

Congratulations!

Tina Tabibi said...

Congrats Stephanie!!!

The Cupcake Critic said...

Thank you Dee! Thank you Tina! I'm so excited not just for the blog, but to me, this is a win for D.C.!! And I love my city :-) So happy to represent for them and the cupcake scene here :-)

Diantie said...

Congratulations Stephanie from your new NY fan. Diantie

Unknown said...

Congrats! You look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...