Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Google likes Cupcakes!


The Cupcake Critic loves Google!
On Monday, I got the chance to visit the Google DC office for a discussion on entrepreneurship. Whenever I am at the Google DC office I never want to leave. It's like Disney for adults! Walking in, you're greeted by a giant Google phone that allows you to take pics, surf the web, capture video and send e-mails as if you were using your own phone. 


Slava Rubin of Indiegogo.com and The Cupcake Critic 

The series had a panel of experts that included: Slava Rubin, founder of Indiegogo.com; Antwayne Ford, President of the D.C. Chamber of Commerce; and Mary Grove, President of Google EntrepreneursThe panel discussed the future of entrepreneurship and gave their expertise on matters ranging from growth, funding, and strategic partnerships. The panel inspired me and the networking component afterwards allowed me to catch up with old and new acquaintances. 


Candy bar Cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes
The event was from 6-9 PM and I was super hungry. I was happy to munch on lovely crudites, yummy appetizers (the macaroni and cheese puffs, which I initially thought were cupcakes, were amazing!), and partake in a wide selection of beer and wine. But the headliner for me were the trays of cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake that were brought out.

Choco-coconut cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake
The cupcake assortment included: chocolate ganache, vanilla cake with cream cheese frosting, candy bar, choco-coconut (which I devoured in front of Rubin with no regard), chocolate & vanilla, and the yummy pumpkin spice cupcake which was perfect for Fall. Needless to say, I was a happy girl. Although I was there in a business capacity other attendants understood that I am the Cupcake Critic and allowed me first dibs on all the lovely treats! Thanks Google DC!

                                                               collage.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...