Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Red Velvet Cupcakery (Redeux)


Review: Red Velvet Cupcakery (501 7th St NW,DC)
Cost: $3.25
Flavor: Lemon Burst
Score: 4.6


One of my early reviews as The Cupcake Critic was Red VelvetCupcakery.  After a lot of feedback from my audience disclaiming my less than stellar review, I decided to give them another try. Almost two years later, I had a chance to pop into the Penn Quarter cupcake shop located one block from the Chinatown/Gallery Place metro stop. 

Red Velvet's Flavor Selection: Sold Out! 
I was headed to the movies with a friend and while waiting decided to get myself a sweet treat. I noted in my original review that the customer service was awesome. I was greeted by a handsome young man who explained what was left of the flavors long gone after a full day of sales. I chose the lemon burst cupcake, forked over my $3.50 and was on my way.

Cupcake Art

I decided to save my treat for post movie, dinner and drinks and wait until I was home. Once home I dug into the creamy treat and to my surprise found it to be a sheer and utter delight. The frosting was creamy, smooth and bursting with lemon zest. Not too sweet or pungent with lemon flavor the uber-soft cake rounded out my overall experience.

The Lemon Burst Cupcake & Red Velvet Bag
I immediately regretted ever saying anything horrible about this friendly and centrally located shop. With hours of operation as late as midnight, I believe that I have found a new after-hours cupcake spot. 


                                                       Red Velvet Cupcakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...