Thursday, March 29, 2012

Au bon Pain: Creme Brulee Cupcake

Creme Brulee Cupcake from Au Bon Pain
Review: Au Bon Pain (Philadelphia Airport)
Flavors: Red Velvet, Creme Brulee, chocolate chip
Cost: $3.00
Score: 2.5

Waiting in an airport for an early morning flight- that would subsequently be delayed - can bring about it's own pressures. To get through that day I definitely needed a cupcake. Luckily I found an Au Bon Pain that served three varieties of cupcakes: red velvet, chocolate chip and creme brulee.


Random Side-Note: I used to work within one block of three Au Bon Pain eateries. Aside from their blatant abuse of wage laws, I could never understand why their food was decent enough for the price asked but always teetered on 'What were they thinking?' My brain warned me about the many fresh-squeezed lemonades that I had puchased only to find out that it was freshly squeezed with sour lemons. But I was in a bind and couldn't resist the  charm of the creme brulee cupcake.


Photo courtesy of Health.com
 After paying $3 for my cupcake and getting my change handed back to me replete with a mumbled "enjoy your day...", I lugged my DVF carry-on to the waiting area ready to sink my teeth into my one well-deserved pleasure for that day. Sadly, the cupcake was crusty and stale with a commercial flavor that would make Hostess swoon. To make matters worse my throat was accosted with a gush of creme filling that would make sour cream taste like a sweet luxury.

Photos Courtesy of StarPulse.com/PR Photos
 After finding out that my connecting flight was cancelled and I would be stuck in this airport for another two hours, I had a Chris Rock moment: "Can a sista get a cupcake? All I want is a cupcaaaaaake!" All I could think of was how much booze my three dollars could have bought in lieu of that crusty cupcake. In the end, I landed safely and was able to conduct my intended purpose in peace. But next time...eff TSA, I'm smuggling in some Sprinkles!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...