Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ruby Tuesday Cupcakes?

Photo courtesy of Ruby Tuesday
No, that wasn't a typo Cupcake Lovers...restaurant chain Ruby Tuesday is now offering red velvet and carrot cake cupcake pairings on their permanent dessert menu! 


According to Meredith Hammond, the communications representative for Ruby Tuesday, the restaurant originally added cupcakes to it's menu in January of 2011; unveiling it regionally. After a quick call to my local Ruby Tuesday, they offer them on their menu and can be purchased for the low-low rate of $2.99 (plus tax of course). 
L-R: Red Velvet and Carrot Cake (Photo courtesy of Ruby Tuesday)
According to Ruby Tuesday's Executive Chef, Peter Glander, since gracing the menu over a year ago the cupcakes have become the restaurant's top-seller! Prior to reaching the menu, Ruby Tuesdays went through 15 different icings to get the perfect one. That would also explain why each cake is freshly frosted upon order making the experience genuine. 


I've said it before folks and I'll say it again, 'Cupcakes aren't a fad....they're a lifestyle' and when cupcakes are being served at Ruby Tuesday- the epitome of mainstream America- that makes them family; here to stay. What say you Cupcake Lovers? Is this a no or a go? The Critic is listening...

2 comments:

Cupcake Crusaders said...

My mom tried the carrot cake cupcake. I've been wanting to try them out, but she said the cake was super dry and the frosting was too sweet, so I haven't gotten around to it. I also heard that the cupcakes aren't baked fresh at each location, but that they are shipped in and then frosted. Have you tried them yet? You didn't mention above if you had.

The Cupcake Critic said...

Hi Crusaders!

In my opinion, the carrot cake was the best. The one that I tested wasn't dry. The frosting was a bit sweet but not offensive. I'm sure most (chain) restaurants don't cook or bake anything fresh but overall I enjoyed them considering :-)

Thanks for posting and following!

Steph

PS: Here's the link to the review:
http://www.thecupcakecritic.com/2012/05/ruby-tuesday.html#links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...