Thursday, July 12, 2012

The World's Most Expensive Cupcake




Yesterday, I received tweet, after email, after text alerting me to, presumably, the World's Most Expensive Cupcake. Located in Dubai, the cupcake was fashioned by Bloomsbury Cupcake founder, Shaeena Yusuff Ali. It's called the Golden Phoenix and retails for $1,000 with an ingredients list that includes: Ugandan vanilla bean, Amedei Porcelena chocolateli and mounds of edible gold leaf. The chocolate confection is wrapped in edible gold leaf and trimmed with a chocolate-dipped strawberry sprinkled with, guess what? More gold leaf! Although I'm fond of the mythology surrounding the phoenix bird, I believe that I will pass on this one. Despite my feelings, I find Ali's efforts to be astounding and astute for her clientele. 

Starbucks VIa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...