Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Buzz Bakery


Buzz Bakery's Arlington location (Photo courtesy of Shelby Alyse)
Location: Buzz Bakery (Ballston location) 818 N. Quincy St Arlington, VA
Flavors: Vanilla, Red Velvet and Chocolate Guinness
Cost: 
Score: 4.3
For the past 2 months my sister (and Critic-in-training) has heard me bemoaning the need to review Buzz Bakery. Seeing her sister engrossed in her everyday business and overall Cupcake Critic matters, she boarded a train between her classes at Marymount University and made a trip to Buzz Bakery! Bringing me back three lovely cupcakes, words can't express how much I love my sister Shelby!
Me and  my sister Shelby 


According to Shelby Buzz Bakery is Arlington's hot spot. Located about a block away from the Ballston metro station, the staff is uber-friendly and the decor is ultra-chic! Calling the store for more information, I got the chance to talk with head pastry chef, Tiffany MacIsaac. Tiffany notes that each store has its own personality and the Ballston store is a trendy spot that offers patrons free wi-fi; serves coffee, tea, beer, cocktails and wine giving customers a very upscale feeling. 



Sweet treat display at Buzz Bakery (Photo courtesy of Shelby Alyse)


My first cupcake treat was the vanilla on vanilla cupcake which is offered daily and priced at $2.50. Let me tell you now that this cupcake was a winner! The cake had the consistency and taste of a pound cake. Topped with a nice cream cheese frosting complete with gold and green sprinkles, I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to take a pic :(

Buzz Bakery's Red Velvet Cupcake 
Next up was the red velvet cupcake; a daily special priced at $3.00. My sister knows that I'm not a red velvet person but she also knows that many of my readers are. With that said, it wasn't my cup of tea but it wasn't bad either. The cake was a bit dense and the chocolate flavor could have been punched up a bit however, I enjoyed the cream cheese frosting and ample size.

Boston Cream Cupcake- Yum!
My final cupcake was the Boston Cream ($3.50). The cupcake had a vanilla base and chocolate butter cream frosting with a dollop of fudge on top! The frosting was rich and the soothing vanilla base balanced out the flavor. If you are a chocolate lover, this cupcake is for you.  


Eat Sweet, Repeat- I shall!
At the behest of Ms. McIsaac, I will definitely be by to see the location for myself and order some more of those yummy vanilla cupcakes. Besides any establishment that offers cupcakes and cocktails can count me in!

Buzz Bakery, Coffee, and Dessert Lounge on Urbanspoon

Shop Dylan's Candy Bar for Mother's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...