Thursday, May 17, 2012

Georgetown Cupcake: Mother's Day box

Georgetown Cupcake's Four flavors
Location: Georgetown Cupcake 3301 M Street NW, DC 
Flavors: Lavender Earl Grey teacake, White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Coconut, and Chocolate w/ Vanilla Buttercream
Cost: $29 per dozen
Score: 4.8

Oh Georgetown Cupcake! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...four new ways to be exact! The good folks over at Georgetown Cupcake delivered two of their Mother's Day Dozen cupcake boxes to me with four of their flavors; two of which were new.


 White Chocolate Raspberry & Lavender  Earl Grey 
The first box was filled with six vanilla buttercream & chocolate cupcakes and another six chocolate cupcakes with coconut frosting. The second box contained two new flavors: Lavender Earl Grey teacake and White Chocolate Raspberry. They were really great pairings considering that Georgetown Cupcake offers over 100 different cupcake flavors. 

Chocolate Mother's Day Dozen
I got the delivery on Thursday which gave me something to nosh on while I watched the new episode of DC Cupcakes on TLC that Friday. More importantly, my mother- a recent cupcake convert after tasting Georgetown Cupcake's Easter Egg Dozen- was there to share the cupcakes with me.  

'M' is for "More please!"
Where to begin? The chocolate with vanilla butter cream and chocolate coconut cupcakes were the safest and most routine flavors. However, because Georgetown Cupcake only uses the best ingredients, the chocolate was soft and just the right amount without being overbearing. The vanilla buttercream frosting was soft, sweet and tempting. The coconut frosting was fresh and complimentary but I'm always partial to coconut frosting on vanilla or coconut cake. 

Georgetown Cupcake's Chocolate Coconut Cupcake
The next box which contained the new flavors, would be the ones we all fought over. First, the Lavender Earl Grey tea cakes were excellent! The nuances of each bite left you with a different experience each time. The cake produced a purplish pop of color and the frosting was sweet but complimentary to the teacake. Both my mother and sister coveted these cupcakes and seeing that it was Mother’s Day, I conceded the bounty to Mom.  


Georgetown Cupcake's Lavender Earl Grey teacake
Personally, I enjoyed the white chocolate raspberry cupcake which had chunks of white chocolate chips and fresh raspberries baked inside. It was ultra-moist and the frosting, although a tad sweet, was so luscious. I looked forward to the crunch that biting into the fresh raspberry would bring. Even the fondant toppings which spelled ‘MOM’, were fresh and an anticipated treat at the end of my cupcakes.

This is how you spell Love: 'M-O-M'
Each cupcake dozen retails for $29 plus delivery. To avoid lines, order online or call your order in and pick-up at the Georgetown or Bethesda location (Bethesda is usually less crowded and has more parking options). Needless to say, my mom had an awesome Mother’s Day and I’d like to thank Georgetown Cupcake for that! 

*The cupcakes reviewed were gifted although it did not sway the reviewers opinion. 

Georgetown Cupcake on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cupcakes were GREAT!

Mom

lightglow@yahoo.com said...

Georgetown Cupcakes are my favorites. I wish they had a store closer to my home, however (I live in Prince George's County). Trucking back and forth to Georgetown is NOT my idea of fun, but my bounty of sweet-treats nestled on the car seat next to me as I drive home, makes it all worthwhile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...