Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Georgetown Cupcake Opens in SoHo


Location: Georgetown Cupcakes 111 Mercer St New York, NY
Flavors: Red Velvet, Cheesecake, Coconut and Vanilla.
Price: $2.75

Down the cobble stone roads of Soho I sought out the newbie to the block: Georgetown Cupcake.  I have to admit a certain sense of pride overcomes me when I see a DC native take on the “Big Apple.” After all, I am a rare breed: native Washingtonian.  Opening their 3rd location, the TLC stars of DC Cupcake extended their sweetness into the foray of dozens of cupcakeries in NYC.


By far their most ambitious property, the Soho location is inconspicuously located on Mercer street.  Nearly double the size of their original location in Georgetown, the cupcake duo expect to do big business. You’ll love the glassed in cupcake display as you enter.  No wondering what they have or what the cupcake looks like; it’s right there in grand view.  My first pick turned into two, that turned into three and ended with four. 



The New York Cheesecake was cute but needs some work.  In
the end, the Red Velvet (aka good ol’ reliable) was their best one.  Come for the cupcakes, stay for tea.  Their quaint 9 seater cafĂ© just may be available.  Good luck guys!




Mr. Foodtastic (Chef J. Jackson)
www.Facebook.com/mr.foodtastic
Twitter: @foodiesnfatties & @mrfoodtastic
Georgetown Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Entree said...

Love it! I'm going back for the salted caramel ;)

The Cupcake Critic said...

Glad you like it! I gotta try the salted caramel too! ;0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...