Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hello Cupcake: The DC Love Child


DC Love Child Cupcakes (Photos by The Cupcake Critic)
Location: 705 8th Street SE, DC
Flavor: The DC Love Child 
Cost: $3.50
Score: 5+

Just when I thought cupcakes had reached a plateau of flavors and I, a zenith of cupcake experiences, in walks what was never meant to be: The DC Love Child. The collaborative creation of Hello Cupcake (a Best of 2011 winner) and Chocolate City Beer (a local microbrewery), this chocolate cupcake is infused with DC craft beer, topped with a bourbon butter cream frosting and a chocolate dipped potato chip- oh my!
Penny Karas, owner of Hello Cupcake
To celebrate their creative marriage, Chocolate City Beer and Penny Karas (owner of Hello Cupcake), had a wonderful 'Shotgun Wedding' at Nellie’s on U St . There was free Cerveza Nacional and oodles of DC Love Child samples. (Point score for choosing a locale that was both Metro accessible and offered street parking.)

Free Cerveza Nacional from Chocolate City Beer (Photos by The Cupcake Critic)
After my first bite all I could think was, “OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! This cupcake is amazing!!!” Sadly, I dropped my first cupcake and almost went into a 2 year-old tantrum. Luckily Penny had dozens more available. Driving home I literally felt my tummy glow with alcohol infused happiness. My mouth smiled too. 
 Enjoying the DC Love Child (Photos by The Cupcake Critic)

Hello Cupcake on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

I tried this cupcake and loved it! A co-worker brought in some cupcakes from Hello Cupcake and this was one of the flavors. I can't wait to go back.

The Cupcake Critic said...

Hey Bobbi!
Good to hear! Someone text me this morning and asked about Hello Cupcake. I told them to get the DC LoveChild but they were sold out :0( #BitterSweet Thanks for posting!

Aleysha Proctor said...

I love Hello Cupcake! Their You Tart (lemon) cupcake is amazing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...