Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sprinkles Cupcakes (Georgetown)


Sprinkles
Location: 3015 M Street Northwest Washington, DC 20007 (Georgetown)
Flavors: Vanilla, Key Lime, Coconut
Cost: $3.50
Score: 5

Sprinkles is the bomb! Located in a boutique style shop in Georgetown, I made my maiden voyage to Sprinkles on one of the busiest days of the year- the fourth of July. Despite gushing with tourists, the Sprinkles staff was uber friendly and they got me in and out. They even made me feel cool by putting the goods in a chic shopping bag (that I didn’t have to ask for-POINTS!)


While panting on the display counter, I counted eight different flavors including: red velvet, cookies & cream, hazelnut, peanut butter & chocolate and several others. I ordered three cupcakes in the usual flavors: vanilla, coconut, and key-lime. Tasting the cupcakes made me immediately happy. The vanilla and coconut didn’t disappoint but didn’t send off firecrackers either. They were moist in texture, rich in flavor, and avoided unnatural colors or tangible additives.


Looking at the menu I noticed that Sprinkles also sells shots of frosting. I couldn’t imagine someone saying: “Barkeep! More frosting please!” however after tasting their key-lime cupcake, I knew why. The tangy flavored frosting did the Dougie on my tongue. There was an encore presentation of the Cat-daddy when the flavor infused cake followed behind it. This cupcake was so good that the next day I wanted to hop in my car, and buy-out the cupcake block. Luckily Georgetown has iffy parking so my efforts were thwarted. Thank you weight loss gods!

                               

Because of its Georgetown location, technically it’s not metro accessible and the parking is scarce however your trip will be well worth it. Overall it gets a five because,to be honest, I dream about Sprinkles. For real...don’t judge me.

Sprinkles Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...